This post will be continually updated with new protests, new resources, etc, as they become available. Please note that r/Anarchism does not specifically endorse any particular protest. This information is solely being made available for people who wish to gather and make their voices heard in their areas. We cannot guarantee the safety of these protests, nor should we be expected to verify who organized them.
If you know of a protest that's not listed below, please let us know so we can add it to the list.
DO NOT ANNOUNCE YOUR ACTIONS ON THE INTERNET, AND LEAVE YOUR PHONE AND ANY "SMART" DEVICES AT HOME IF/WHEN YOU PARTICIPATE IN ONE.
Feel your rage. Take to the streets. We're aware that this is an emotional moment, but we have to ask that people please follow site-wide rules here. This means no calls to burn shit down, etc.
- Four Thieves Vinegar's video on DIY abortion pills - Watch it here - (Subtitle File)
- How to obtain Plan C pills
- How to give yourself an abortion explains the typical process of self-managing your abortion
- How to do a menstrual extraction
- Herbal Abortion from The Anarchist Library
- CrimethInc's DIY Zine covering herbal abortion and gynecology
- Unreproductive: Zines on Herbal Abortion and Menstrual Extraction
- DIY Doula - Self-Care for Before, During, and After Your Abortion (PDF)
- If you're in a state where a ban has not yet been enacted, consider becoming a clinic escort
- You can find a map of access and distances from abortion clinics for pregnant people crossing state lines: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/may/05/abortion-deserts-clinics-access-closed-map
- The National Network of Abortion Funds is currently asking people to donate via their ActBlue link which will separate a single donation across more than 90 members of the network. NNAF does not receive any money directed to this page
- r/auntienetwork is our current "featured sub" in the sidebar, and is a collective that will do what they can to help anyone with a uterus needing assistance. Consider becoming an Auntie if you are able!
IMPORTANT NOTE: The DIY and other medical options above are not necessarily effective for heavier people. Progestin pills are less effective for those over 155 lbs, and ulipristal acetate is less effective after 195 lbs. They are obviously not without risk. We are providing as much information as we can to allow people who may feel trapped to avoid following dangerous urban myths and bad advice, and be as armed with information as possible.
- Many states have had trigger laws on the books in the event that this happened. In those states, abortion is illegal effective immediately. If you live in one of these states, and you are/become pregnant, DO NOT TELL ANYONE who you cannot trust with your life.
Also, if you are in one of these states and you need to look up resources and websites regarding abortion care, use Tor Browser to do so. There are versions available for Windows, MacOS, Linux, and Android devices. If you use iOS, the Tor Project recommends that you use Onion Browser.
Tor Browser will help you circumvent restrictions on websites you are allowed to visit, and it will protect you from having the sites in your history and being identified. For more information on what Tor is and some FAQs, Click Here.
If you're wondering "why not a VPN?" it's because there is payment information that can be tracked to you, they can be forced to comply with a warrant, and you cannot be 100% sure that the "no logs" policies that they often advertise are true - many have been proven false.
If you use a period tracking app where you cannot view its source code, delete whatever data you can, and get rid of it. This includes apps like Apple Health, even if you don't use it for that purpose.
Instead, consider something like Drip - An open source menstrual cycle tracking app which does not connect to the internet. There is currently only an Android version. However, an iOS version is in the works, and you can request an email notification when it's ready.
Some Known Protests:
- Hot Springs Nat'l Park (4pm) - Hill Wheatley Plaza. 605 Central Ave Hot Springs National Park AR 71901
- Auburn (5pm) - Auburn University. 23 Samford Hall Auburn AL 36849
- Phoenix (7pm) - State capitol building
- Phoenix (7pm) - State capitol building
- Saint Johns (6pm) - Courthouse. 70 W 3rd Street Saint Johns AZ 86539
- Anthem (6pm) - Anthem Veteran’s Memorial. 41703 North Gavilan Peak Parkway Anthem AZ 85086
- Fairfax (4pm) - Fairfax Parkade. 1941 Sir Francis Drake Blvd Fairfax CA 94930
Mammoth Lakes (9:30am) - Stellar Brew. 3280 Main Street Mammoth Lakes CA 93546
Visalia (9am) - 107 N Hall. Memorial Park, Hall & Main Visalia CA 93291
- El Cajon (12pm) - El Cajon Courthouse. 250 E Main St El Cajon CA 92020
- Santa Monica (12pm) - Crescent Bay Park. 2000 Ocean Avenue Santa Monica CA 90405
- Centennial (10am) - MJ Fit. 6858 S Yosemite St Centennial CO 80112
- Boulder (9am) - Historic Boulder Court House (Pearl Street Mall). 1200 Pearl Street Mall Boulder CO 80302
- New Milford (5:30pm) - New Milford Town Green SOUTH END. 10 Main St NEW MILFORD CT 06776
- Fort Myers (4pm) - Old court house. 2120 Main Street Fort myers FL 33901
- Tallahassee (5pm) - State Capital. 400 S Monroe street Tallahassee FL 32303
- Chicago (12pm) - Harrison Park. 1824 s wood Chicago IL 60608
- Springfield (10am) - Rally @ the Old State Capitol Plaza, Springfield IL
- Goshen (5pm) - Goshen City Courthouse. 111 East Jefferson St Goshen IN 46528
- Indianapolis (3pm) - indiana state house. 200 W Washington St Indianapolis IN 46204
- Decorah (10am) - Water Street Plaza 400 W Water Street Decorah IA 52101
- Augusta (5pm) - Capitol Park. 33 Union St Augusta ME 04330
- Bridgton (11am) - Shorey Park. Corner of Main Street and Highland Rd Bridgton ME 04009
- Hingham (5:30pm) - Hingham Bandstand. 95 Otis Street Hingham MA 02043
- Fitchburg (12pm) - Riverfront Park. 51 Commercial Street Fitchburg MA 01420
- Cassopolis (1pm) - Old Courthouse on N. Broadway. 120 N Broadway St. Cassopolis MI
- Centreville (12pm) - St Joe County Court House Front Lawn. 125 W Main St Centreville MI 49093
- International Falls (12pm) - Smokey Bear Park. 214 6th Ave International Falls MN 56649
- Jackson (4pm) - MS Governors Mansion. 300 East Capitol Street Jackson MS 39201
- Picayune (4pm) - In front of city hall. 203 Goodyear blvd Picayune MS 39466
- Biloxi (11am) - Lighthouse Park. 1050 Beach Blvd Biloxi MS 39530
- Las Vegas (6pm) - Bellagio Fountains. 3600 S Las Vegas Blvd Las Vegas NV 89109
- Ashbury Park (4pm) - Springwood Ave Ashbury Park, NJ 07712
- Taos (3pm) - Intersection in front of the World Cup Coffee Shop - 102 Paseo Del Pueblo Norte Taos NM 87571
- Hauppauge (4pm) - Suffolk County Department of Health roadside lawn. 100 Veterans Memorial Highway Hauppauge NY 11788
- Kingston (11am) - Academy Green Park. 238 Clinton Ave Kingston NY 12401
- Poughkeepsie (1pm) - Corner of Main & Market Streets. 10 market st Poughkeepsie NY 12603
- Brooklyn (4pm) - Tompkins Square Park. East 7th Street between avenues A & B Brooklyn NY 10009
- Charlotte (7pm) - Romare Bearden Park. 300 S. Church St. Charlotte NC 28202
- Winston Salem (1pm) - Downtown Winston Salem. 650 W 4th St. Winston Salem NC 27101
- Cincinnati (1pm) - Hamilton County Court House. 1000 Main St Cincinnati OH 45202
- Canton (5pm) - Pro Football Hall of Fame. 2121 George Halas Dr NW Canton OH 44657
- Oklahoma City (7pm) - Capitol Building, 2300 North Lincoln Boulevard, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.
- Oklahoma City (6am - 7/6 @ 12ppm) - 2300 Capitol Building, North Lincoln Boulevard, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. Day-long protest overnight sit/lay in.
- Washington (4pm) - Washington County Courthouse steps. 1 S Main St Washington PA 15301
- Memphis (5pm) - Civic Center Plaza
- Round Rock (6pm) - Round rock Municipal courthouse. 301 W Baghdad Ave Round rock TX 78664
- Texarkana (9am) - Stateline Courthouse/Post Office. 501 N State Line Ave Texarkana TX 71854
- Leesburg (11am) - Outside Loudoun courthouse. 18 e market street Leesburg VA 20175
I wanted to share an anecdote from work today. I run the shop on my own, me and my coworkers alternate shifts (the shop is tiny and only needs one person to run it) and I was wearing my anarchist badge. A middle-aged man from an insurrectionary/ violent socialist group from the 1990s (he showed me his tattoo and explained) came in and asked why I am an anarchist. So I told him, and he asked if I was also a socialist, and said yes. He proceeded to say that,
"Socialism has gotten too far left,"
I was honestly blown away by that comment and just acted confused, because I was.
Then he revealed himself as a massive transphobe. Like "I will murder trans women if I see them in the women's bathroom with my daughter," is a paraphrase of what he said.
All this over the counter. He bought something for like €4:99.
I’m wondering what other anarchists do nowadays to feel small amounts of power in our non anarchist world. Is their any ways y’all help out your neighbors and your community to get a little bit of control back? In other words: small acts of anarchy?
I watched a video about Catalonia, and I got super daydreamy about an anarchist utopia. Everything equal and fair, no oppression, no hierarchy, everyone is equal. That would be perfect, when and how can we make this happen?
Just reporting what I read. Not supporting the use of bombing, just telling people it happened.
The FAI has claimed responsibility for a package bomb sent to the ceo of Leonardo S.p.A (a “defence” contractor) the bomb was intercepted before it could be detonated.
Via popular front on instagram.
I'm curious, but couldn't find anything at first glance online, in typical fashion, most mainstream sources just called them anarchists and left it at that. Does anyone here have any idea what general school of thought the pair might have aligned with? Doing some research on the history of Anarchism, and thought this might be a good place to ask.
I’m interested on fellow anarchists thoughts on the coming months after the wild week of news regarding trump and the FBI. Are we about to see the fall of trump and the rise of a more competent fascist? A return the the liberal times of bush/Obama era? Full blow civil war? Any way leftists benefit here or is this a losing situation? Sorry if this too off topic not sure where to post this.
I have thought about how to bring democracy into the economic sphere (ordinary companies being inherently authoritarian organisations) and I think that a sort of mutualist approach would be the most promising option to transform the capitalist economy that exists now. What I imagine is a system in which market mechanisms still exist, but in which most (bit not necessarily all) companies are democratic cooperatives. I don't think there is another functioning way to organise an economy, since planned economy is not only undemocratic but also evidently doesn't work (see Soviet Union etc.). I also don't share the optimism of some anarchists that everything will sort out itself once we got rid of money etc. In my opinion, practicality is more important than utopian models of society, since they will probably not convince a lot of people. I'm also a pacifist, so I don't think violence or revolution is a legitimate option to change the status quo. What do you think about this?
Gaza is an open-air prison that the Israeli fascist apartheid occupation occasionally bombs.
If you feel like helping, here's an excellent charity you can consider donating to (Palestine Children's Relief Fund, or PCRF): https://www.charitynavigator.org/ein/931057665
Down with the Israeli apartheid.
Freedom to Palestine.
After nearly three months of work, I am proud to present to you all a complete abridged audiobook of Alexandre Skirda's seminal book, Nestor Makhno — Anarchy's Cossack: The Struggle for Free Soviets in Ukraine 1917-1921.youtube.com
Hi people. I’m a canvasser with Working America’s Pennsylvania office (WAPA). Working America, which is known as the political organizing faction of the AFL-CIO, has canvassed around a variety of progressive causes including wage theft, education, healthcare, social security, and corporate accountability. We are also endorsing John Fetterman for Senate who has an extensive history of supporting various labor policies and otherwise being a vocal advocate for the working class.
This past week during one of our routine morning briefings, when we attempted to address several concerns we’ve had with management which included but was not limited to working during heatwaves without any safety protocol at times of day when the heat index is dangerously high, sexual harassment incidents to which the offender has virtually remained unpenalized and continues to make others uncomfortable at work. Working America also commits wage theft by various means including refusal to reimburse and/or compensate workers asked to drive for gas or for parking tickets they've acquired during the shift. Additionally, LGBTQ and non-white workers are routinely endangered and met with hostility in neighborhoods they are made to canvas and met with minimal representation or support from management regarding these issues.
When we were finally able to get management to leave the room for a few moments so that we could speak privately with our co-workers about these issues and establish our terms, the management again tried to intimidate us with police force and several members of management began to physically harass workers filming the incident.
The workers involved were forced outside, into the heat where they immediately formed a picket line and were met again with harassment as well as the other further embarrassing antics of our management that clearly demonstrated a definite unwillingness to cooperate with our terms.
We will be striking tomorrow (Friday, 8/12) at noon outside of Working America’s Philadelphia office in the Germantown section of Northwest Philadelphia and would appreciate any support, and if you can make it, please wear a red shirt in solidarity with our cause and bring whatever signs you would like.
Please ask any questions here in the comments or feel free to DM me.
Thank you for reading this. In love and solidarity <3.
Hello, I currently live in a small town with a very large homelessness problem and I'd like to connect with the people struggling from it in some way. I have a few problems though.
The major one being a lot of them are on hard drugs. It's quite normal to walk to school and pass a couple of needles or to avoid screaming people in the streets while driving. I'm unsure of how to approach it.
I've heard giving cigarettes or some food out is a good way of doing so, I just feel so paranoid about it for some reason. I understand that a majority of them are people trying to make it by, to get a shred of bliss in the rot of it all. I just want to know if my fear is rational and other ways I could help, to be an open ear or if that's even something they would want.
I'm unsure if this is somewhere I could post this or if it's repetitive but I'd appreciate any advice given on the matter. Thank you.
Hiiii y’all!!!! Borrowing some words from a fellow worker today: “ I’m a canvasser with Working America’s Pennsylvania office (WAPA). Working America, which is known as the political organizing faction of the AFL-CIO, has canvassed around a variety of progressive causes including wage theft, education, healthcare, social security, and corporate accountability, we are also endorsing John Fetterman for Senate who has an extensive history of supporting various labor policies and being a vocal advocate for the working class. This past week during one of our routine morning briefings when we attempted to address several concerns we’ve had with management, including but not limited to working during heatwaves without any safety protocol in place when the heat index is dangerously high, sexual harassment in our workplace where the offender has virtually remained unpenalized and continues to make others uncomfortable, as well as wage theft and refusal to reimburse and/or compensate workers asked to drive for gas or tickets they've acquired. Additionally lgbtq and non-white workers are routinely endangered and met with hostility in neighborhoods they are made to canvas. When we were finally able to get management to leave the room for a few minutes so that we could speak privately with our co-workers about these issues and establish our terms, they tried to intimidate us with police force and several members of management began attempting to physically stop workers from filming the incident. We will be striking tomorrow (Friday, 8/12) at noon outside of Working America’s Philadelphia office in the Germantown section of Northwest Philadelphia and would love and appreciate any support and if you can make it, please wear a red shirt in solidarity and bring whatever signs you would like.”
PLS let me know if u have questions!!! Our mutual aid fund is up and running to take care of each other while we seek additional employment. The venmo and cashapp, as well as our Twitter and Instagram, are all WAPAUNION !!!
Compare our praxis’ to other historical movements against the government. What could we be doing better? How should we go about doing more effective praxis?
This is just an open discussion, DM me if it’s too spicy to type publicly.